Edward J. Shaheen Jr. DDS, MS
Dr. Shaheen has been setting the standard for excellence in St. Louis orthodontics for over 25 years!
He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology from Northwestern University (while still finding time to be a member of their varsity swimming team) and his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from Washington University School of Dental Medicine.
Dr. Shaheen then completed his specialized post-graduate training, while earning a master’s degree in orthodontics, from the St. Louis University with a Magna Cum Laude distinction. While there, he received numerous academic awards, including the most prestigious J.P. Marshall Award from St. Louis University, as valedictorian of his orthodontic class.
He then joined the practice of Dr. Kenneth C. Marshall, the chairman and founder of the leading orthodontic training program in the country, St. Louis University, Department of Orthodontics. They practiced together in Frontenac and Chesterfield until Dr. Marshall's retirement.
Orthodontics Education Resume
Dr. Shaheen has always had a passion for education and taught part-time for 12 years as an orthodontics instructor at Washington University School of Dental Medicine, while also presenting numerous lectures at St. Louis University, Department of Orthodontics. In addition, he has been a frequent speaker at many national and international orthodontic conferences.
Professional Organization Resume
Dr. Shaheen is a member of the following organizations:
● American Dental Association
● American Association of Orthodontists
● American College of Dentists
● International College of Dentists
● American College of Orthodontists
● American Lingual Orthodontists Association – past National Officer
● International Association of Lingual Orthodontists – International Officer
● Missouri Association of Orthodontists – past State President
● West St. Louis County Dental Society – past President
● Greater St. Louis Dental Society – past Board Member
● Foundation of the Greater St. Louis Dental Society – past President
● Children's Dental Health Month – past St. Louis Chairman
● Mid-continent Dental Congress – past Chairman
● Orthodontic Education and Research Foundation
● St. Louis Dental Research Group